The schedule for the 2009 Nike Football Combines has been released and this year’s tour features 17 events, including stops in four new locations — Cincinnati, Denver, Philadelphia and Mobile, Ala.
Nike Football Combines are free and open to Class of 2010 and top underclassmen high school football players looking to showcase their skills. Alumni of the combines include NFL stars Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals), Devin Hester (Chicago Bears) and Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens) as well as thousands more who have gone on to play Division I college football.
All athletes will be e-mailed confirmation materials after registering online, including the address to their chosen event and the reporting time.
|Nike Football Combine Schedule|
|Feb. 14||Mobile, Ala.||Ladd-Peebles Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|Feb. 22||Charlotte, N.C.||Crickit Arena||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|Feb. 28||Orlando, Fla.||Disney Wide World of Sports||Grass/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 7||Pittsburgh, Pa.||UPMC Sports Performance Complex||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 8||Philadelphia, Pa.||NovaCare Practice Facility||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 14||Cincinnati, Ohio||Rivers Edge Sports Complex||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 15||Chicago, Ill.||MAX McCook Expo Center||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 21||Miami, Fla.||Milander Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 22||Atlanta, Ga.||Hallford Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|March 28||Baltimore, Md.||M&T Bank Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|April 4||Dallas, Texas||Coppell High School||Turf/indoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|April 11||Los Angeles, Calif.||LA Southwest College||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|April 18||Long Beach, Calif.||Long Beach Veteran’s Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|May 9||Houston, Texas||Berry Center||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|May 16||Oakland, Calif.||Laney College||Turf/outdoors||9 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|June 12||Portland, Ore.||Hillsboro Stadium||Turf/outdoors||2-5 p.m.|
|June 19||Boulder, Colo.||Boulder High School||Turf/outdoors||2-5 p.m.|
Attending one of the Nike Football Combines gives each athlete the opportunity to get professionally SPARQ tested so they will have a starting base to improve upon. SPARQ stands for speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness. The rating comes from a series of sport-specific tests and gives athletes a chance to see their strengths and weaknesses. They’ll also have a chance to see other elite players in their class, which will give them an idea of where they stand.
There is also an opportunity for great recruiting exposure and coverage. There will be stories, photos and videos posted on ESPN.com’s recruiting page and Scouts Inc. will offer player analysis as well. College programs across the country also receive the testing results.
Registered athletes participating in the 2009 Nike Football Combine will:
• Receive free access and testing at either turf/indoor or grass/outdoor events.
• Be measured by height and weight, and photographed.
• Receive a proper, supervised dynamic warm-up.
• Be tested in: the 40-yard dash (twice, fastest time kept), vertical jump (highest jump kept), the 20-yard shuttle (twice, fastest time kept) and the power ball throw (twice, farthest throw kept). If players are not satisfied with their results, they may scratch them so they are not reported.
• Receive a SPARQ Rating based on a calculation of their testing scores.
• Attend an interactive Nike SPARQ seminar which will cover offseason training, the recruiting process and a short series of SPARQ drills.
• In select markets, be able to participate in a free instructional Nike SPARQ Mini-Camps free of charge to help each athlete work with SPARQ trainers to improve upon their times and stats from the Nike Football Combine. Athletes can pre-register for SPARQ Mini-Camps through the same registration link for the Nike Football Combines.
• Receive exposure across ESPN platforms, including a player card in the Scouts, Inc. database.
• Be eligible for selection consideration for the Nike Football Training Camps, the top national football camp tour (selection is based on over all performance and participation is free).
• Receive a free Nike Pro workout shirt (but must bring appropriate workout gear: shorts, sweats, football cleats and training shoes) .
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..