SENIOR BOWL NEWS
* The North team will practice at 9:30 AM today while the South will take the field at 4:00 PM. For those of you that get the NFL Network, fill us in on what they say on the 7:00 PM recap show. Click here for the practice schedule for the week.
* NFL.com has video highlights of those USC Trojan linebackers. Surprisingly, Rey Maualuga didn’t impress but his teammates Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews did.
* The Senior Bowl sounds hectic and detailed: “From late afternoon until early evening, players are interviewed in somewhat of a speed-dating forum. In lobbies and hallways of the Renaissance Riverview Hotel, players and team officials are propped up in chairs and couches. The tenor of some of the questions players are asked dealt with their parents’ employment and what they may do for a living.”
* Got a chuckle out of this. When a Raiders scout was asked about a Connecticut running back he was scouting he said, ” “He’s a good player, but if we drafted another running back, people would laugh at us.” Yes, we would.
* The Scout network appears to be the place to get an array of Senior Bowl updates all week.
* Gotta agree with Jason Whitlock on this one: “And the only way to retain Edwards in a credible fashion is to do it boldly and confidently. That window is closed. If Edwards is brought back now, it will be seen as an incredible sign of weakness, an inability to pull off what you tried in secret.”
* Bob Gretz on the coaching carousel rumor mill that now includes Bill Parcells: “Based on his time in New England and how the Patriots have operated over the years, there’s one thing we can say with some assurance: Pioli has a plan. He’s not just getting from day-to-day here, making things up as he goes along.”
* Arrowhead Addict takes a look at the glaring differences between former Chiefs’ owner Lamar Hunt and Arizona Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill.
* WPI takes a look at the demise of the Chiefs offensive line.
* Tony Gonzalez is leading the pack in the Red Zone’s Greatest Chief Ever voting.
* Adam Teicher takes a look at this year’s “awful” quarterback class.
* About that $70 million….
* Upon Further Review takes a look at Todd Haley as a coaching candidate. Hint: Being a Bill Parcells disciple is a good thing.
* With Ron Meeks out as defensive coordinator in Indianapolis, Stampede Blue wonders if Herm Edwards could be their next coordinator.
OTHER NFL NEWS
* Here’s a good place to track all the offseason coaching changes.
* Jon Gruden to Notre Dame? Not so fast my friend.
* Where was new Bucs’ GM Mark Dominik when he heard he would be the next GM? In the hospital.Seahawks 12th Man Army has now gone mobile! Go to http://www.noticeorange.com/r/Seahawks12thManArmy to get an app for your phone. It's free and it has alerts so that you'll know whenever Seahawks 12th Man Army has anything new. What could be better?
Tags: Adam Teicher, Bill Parcells, Bob Gretz, Bowl News, Brian Cushing, Chief Ever, Chiefs News, Clay Matthews, Draft, Glaring Differences, Jason Whitlock, Lamar Hunt, linebackers, Mark Dominik, NFL FOOTBALL, nfl network, NFL News, Owner Bill Bidwill, owner lamar hunt, pioli, Rey Maualuga, Riverview Hotel, Ron Meeks, Senior Bowl, Team Officials, Todd Haley, Tony Gonzalez, Usc Trojan
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..