It took only a few minutes of shuffling players around to realize how significant the difference would be. Here’s how the top 10 unfolded:
1. Detroit Lions — Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
2. St. Louis Rams — Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
3. Kansas City Chiefs — Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
4. Seattle Seahawks — Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
5. Cleveland Browns — Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
6. Cincinnati Bengals — Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
7. Oakland Raiders — B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
8. Jacksonville Jaguars — Mark Sanchez, QB, USC
9. Green Bay Packers — Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn State
10. San Francisco 49ers — Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
But why stop at the top 10? Below is Scouts Inc.’s projection of how things will unfold over the first two rounds in such a scenario, but before we get to the rest of the picks here are a few quick notes explaining some of the key differences: • With Jason Smith going No. 1 overall in this scenario Crabtree becomes the better value pick at No. 2 for St. Louis, which needs a wide receiver as badly as it needs an offensive tackle.
• Seattle has greater needs, such as outside linebacker, safety and offensive tackle, but using the fourth overall pick on Stafford makes sense considering Matt Hasselbeck’s age (33) and durability concerns.
• Raji is falling a bit right now because of some off-the-field concerns (weight issues, discipline, 2007 academic suspension) but a few teams will still be willing to take a chance on him in the top 15, including the Raiders at No. 7.
• I’m still not convinced the Jaguars will draft Sanchez at No. 8, but it would be much easier to pull the trigger if Crabtree is off the board.
• Missouri WR Jeremy Maclin is a victim of circumstance in this scenario, falling all the way to the Chargers at pick No. 16. San Diego has several bigger needs to fill, but Maclin is too good a value to pass up, and he could add a vertical element to that offense from the slot position. The run on wide receivers clearly will occur in the middle of the first round.Seahawks 12th Man Army has now gone mobile! Go to http://www.noticeorange.com/r/Seahawks12thManArmy to get an app for your phone. It's free and it has alerts so that you'll know whenever Seahawks 12th Man Army has anything new. What could be better?
Tags: Aaron Maybin, Academic Suspension, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Georgia Qb, Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Jason Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Kansas City Chiefs, Mark Sanchez, Matt Hasselbeck, Oakland Raiders, Olb, Raji, San Francisco 49ers, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, St. Louis Rams, Victim Of Circumstance
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..