It's Official, Michael Vick Reinstated To Play In The NFL
Published on July 27, 2009 by Seahawk Fanatic
Well folks it has finally come down from Roger Goodell, He has fully reinstated Michael Vick To train in camp and to start playing in game 6 of the regular season, below is a quote of the letter Roger Goodell sent to Michael Vick-
Following are excerpts from Goodell’s letter to Vick informing him of the decision:
- “Among the conditions of this reinstatement, you are required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess or be involved with the sale of any dog.”
- “Apart from these conditions, you have submitted to me a written plan concerning your proposed living arrangements, how you will manage your financial affairs, counseling and mentoring plans, and your proposed work with the Humane Society and other groups. You have committed to me that you intend to abide by this plan, and as I said when we met, you are accountable for doing so.”
- “I am also encouraged by your recognition that you cannot do this yourself, and that outside mentors and continued counseling will provide you with valuable support and assistance. After discussing possible mentors with you, I have asked Coach Tony Dungy to continue his work with you and to initiate a more formal mentoring relationship with you. Earlier today, we discussed in detail with Coach Dungy the precise nature of that relationship, and I share your view that Coach Dungy can help you in many ways as you rebuild your life and resume your career. I will stay in close touch with Coach Dungy and his views will be part of my decision concerning whether and when you return to play. I encourage you and Coach Dungy to select other mentors and advisors who can help in other phases of your life.”
- “In deciding whether to reinstate a player, I have stressed my belief that playing in the NFL is a privilege. It is not an entitlement. Everyone fortunate enough to be part of the league is held to a standard of conduct higher than that generally expected in society and is correspondingly accountable when that standard of conduct is not met. I have also endorsed an approach under which players who have been suspended for a significant amount of time, as you have been, may through a series of steps demonstrate that they have addressed their prior problems, that they can make good decisions, and that they conduct themselves in a way that is lawful, responsible, and consistent with NFL values.”
- “As I emphasized to you when we met, as I have said in other cases, it is actions that count. I accept that you are sincere when you say that you want to, and will, turn your life around and that you intend to be a positive role model for others. I am prepared to offer you that opportunity. Whether you succeed is entirely in your hands.”
- “Needless to say, your margin for error is extremely limited. I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you and to dedicate yourself to rebuilding your life and your career. If you do this, the NFL will support you.”
Tags: Drug And Alcohol, Excerpts, Humane Society, Mentors, michael vick, NFL FOOTBALL, Possession, Prohibitions, Reinstatement, Relationship, Roger Goodell
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes.
In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..
REMEMBERING A LEGEND!
What happened? Seahawks 14, Raiders 3. The Raiders got the ball first and drove 50 yards in ...
Defending the Super Bowl title sure has become a pain for the Seahawks.
Seattle, 4-3 and still seeking its ...
Marshawn Lynch may soon have a huge, new plow in front of him in the Seahawks’ backfield.
How huge? ...
Their record might indicate that the Oakland Raiders are the worst team in the NFL. But the video ...
No, the Seahawks aren’t trading Marshawn Lynch.
No, we don’t hate him or think he’s useless.
No, you can’t believe ...
A whole lot of defense and just enough offense at just the right time.
For the third consecutive season, ...
In the six days since the Seahawks unceremoniously dumped Percy Harvin on the Jets for a conditional sixth-round ...
After Percy Harvin was traded to the Jets, the leaks began almost immediately. Harvin physically fought teammates. Harvin ...