Uncle Paul Allen, admiral of his own luxury-cruiser navy, reportedly is downsizing by putting his smaller commuter yacht, the 303-foot Tatoosh, up for sale.
Asking price: around $172 million — although creative trades for medium islands or small nation-states will be considered.
Truth be told, the shedding of Tatoosh has nothing to do with the recession, which doesn’t touch people like Uncle Paul. Our Mercer Island sources coughed up several real reasons for the sale:
• Last hook on 250-slot luxury-vehicle key rack near the back door of the manse was taken by the SpaceShipOne rocket plane. Something had to go.
• It was the “small boat to be named later” in compensation package for Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.
• Couldn’t get the home-entertainment center from Tatoosh to share playlists from the other yacht, 416-foot Octopus, because of infuriating networking glitch in #@$! Windows Media Player.
• Cheaper to trade it in than update the gauche, 1990s-vintage helipads to current style standards.
• Takes 100 times more fuel and two weeks longer to get to the Cannes Film Festival than the 757.
• New Korean-made replacement yacht will come with a 100,000-nautical-mile stem-to-stern warranty.
• Face it: He still gets immense personal satisfaction from casually shedding a toy Oracle’s Larry Ellison is still scrambling to match.
• Screw the Caribbean: He’s off to outer space.Seahawks 12th Man Army has now gone mobile! Go to http://www.noticeorange.com/r/Seahawks12thManArmy to get an app for your phone. It's free and it has alerts so that you'll know whenever Seahawks 12th Man Army has anything new. What could be better?
Tags: Cannes Film Festival, coach pete carroll, Commuter Yacht, Economic Times, First Glance, Foot Yacht, Helipads, Home Entertainment Center, Immense Personal Satisfaction, Key Rack, Larry Ellison, Luxury Cruiser, Luxury Vehicle, Manse, Mercer Island, paul allen, Rocket Plane, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, Style Standards, T Touch
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..