Bing Training Camp 2010 is underway at Virginia Mason Athletic Center, as the Seahawks completed a two-hour practice in cool, un-summerlike weather this morning. Check out some highlights from the half-pads workout:
- On the very first play of team drills, defensive end Chris Clemons scooped up a fumble near the line of scrimmage, bounced off of the scrum and took it to the end zone as the players, coaches and fans showered him with applause.
- Linebacker David Hawthorne snuck past the line and produced a booming hit on the tailback in the backfield on a run play up the middle during 11-on-11 period.
- Wideout Golden Tate had perhaps the most impressive play of the day when he soared up to snatch a high ball, just out of the cornerback’s grasp, before falling to the ground. He bounced up immediately and nonchalantly ran back to the huddle as the crowd remained in awe.
- Later in practice, Tate logged a brutal downfield block on safety Kam Chancellor.
- During team period, receiver Mike Williams had a great catch over the middle, leaning down to haul in a bullet throw from Matt Hasselbeck.
- Cornerback Marcus Trufant turned in an excellent pass defense on an out route along the right sideline.