Seattle had its testiest practice of training camp so far. Start with a fracas between guard Mike Gibson and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, which featured the sight of red-jerseyed Matt Hasselbeck clinging to the scrum as he tried to pull Gibson away.
A little bit later it was a full-blown scrum that involved the offensive line, the defensive line and then cornerback Josh Wilson. That featured a little extracurricular activity as linebackers coach Ken Norton was in the middle trying to break it up. Defensive tackle Brandon Mebane took a pretty good swing at an opposing linemen that appeared to be Max Unger after things broke up.
Afterward, coach Pete Carroll talked about it as a teachable moment, and he made it clear that while his emphasis is upon competing, he doesn’t want the kind of altercations that would result in penalties during an actual game.
• Linebacker Leroy Hill suffered a twisted knee during goal-line drills in practice and walked off. Carroll said that Hill indicated to him it was nothing serious.
• Gibson suffered a head injury during the practice that sidelined him.
• Linebacker Aaron Curry returned to practice after missing the previous 10 days because of a concussion.
• Linebacker Lofa Tatupu remained out with a sore hamstring. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck returned to practice after he was limited the previous two days.
• Wide receiver Mike Williams did not practice, and he had a sleeve on his right calf.
• Russell Okung is now the first-string left tackle, Ray Willis has moved back to right tackle where he will compete with Sean Locklear for the starting job.Seahawks 12th Man Army has now gone mobile! Go to http://www.noticeorange.com/r/Seahawks12thManArmy to get an app for your phone. It's free and it has alerts so that you'll know whenever Seahawks 12th Man Army has anything new. What could be better?
Tags: Altercations, Brandon Mebane, Coach Ken, coach pete carroll, Defensive Line, Extracurricular Activity, First String, Josh Wilson, Ken Norton, Kevin Vickerson, Leroy Hill, Line Drills, linebackers, Linemen, Mike Gibson, Ray Willis, Scrum, Sean Locklear, Tatupu, Teachable Moment
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..