Two Seahawks staffers have some close ties with this weekend’s opponent.
Special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached two seasons for the Raiders, while director of football operations Matt Capurro put in 11 years with Oakland. But they’re not the only ones who are experiencing a homecoming of sorts on Sunday when the Seahawks face the Raiders, as 13 players and coaches have Bay Area ties. Take a look at all of the Seahawks with northern California connections:
* Tailbacks Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett, defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, offensive guard Mike Gibson and tight end Cameron Morrah attended Cal
* Tailback Marshawn Lynch grew up in Oakland
* Fullback Quinton Ganther grew up in the Bay Area town of Richmond, Calif.
* Offensive guard Mike Gibson grew up in Napa, Calif.
* Coach Pete Carroll grew up in Marin County, attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif., and coached for the 49ers
* Special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached two seasons for the Raiders
* Linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. played seven seasons for the 49ers
* Special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich played 10 seasons for the 49ers
* Assistant defensive backs coach Kris Richard played one season for the 49ers
* Tight ends coach Pat McPherson grew up in the Bay Area and played college football at Santa Clara
* Football operations coordinator Matt Capurro worked 11 seasons for the Raiders
Tags: Brandon Mebane, Brian Schneider, Cameron Morrah, Close Ties, Coach Ken, coach pete carroll, Defensive Backs Coach, Director Of Football, Football Operations, Jeff Ulbrich, Justin Forsett, Ken Norton Jr, Kris Richard, Marshawn Lynch, Mike Gibson, Pat Mcpherson, Quinton Ganther
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..