Two Seahawks staffers have some close ties with this weekend’s opponent.
Special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached two seasons for the Raiders, while director of football operations Matt Capurro put in 11 years with Oakland. But they’re not the only ones who are experiencing a homecoming of sorts on Sunday when the Seahawks face the Raiders, as 13 players and coaches have Bay Area ties. Take a look at all of the Seahawks with northern California connections:
* Tailbacks Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett, defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, offensive guard Mike Gibson and tight end Cameron Morrah attended Cal
* Tailback Marshawn Lynch grew up in Oakland
* Fullback Quinton Ganther grew up in the Bay Area town of Richmond, Calif.
* Offensive guard Mike Gibson grew up in Napa, Calif.
* Coach Pete Carroll grew up in Marin County, attended University of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif., and coached for the 49ers
* Special teams coordinator Brian Schneider coached two seasons for the Raiders
* Linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. played seven seasons for the 49ers
* Special teams assistant Jeff Ulbrich played 10 seasons for the 49ers
* Assistant defensive backs coach Kris Richard played one season for the 49ers
* Tight ends coach Pat McPherson grew up in the Bay Area and played college football at Santa Clara
* Football operations coordinator Matt Capurro worked 11 seasons for the Raiders