Thoughts as Seahawks lose QB coach Fisch
Published on January 13, 2011 by Seahawks.Com News (Feed)
Thoughts upon hearing a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter regarding Seattle quarterbacks coach Jedd Fisch leaving to become offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Miami:
- Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck likes working with Fisch. He mentions Fisch and coordinator Jeremy Bates by name when he would not have to do so.
- Seattle has run through quarterbacks coaches since Jim Zorn left following the 2007 season. Bill Lazor and Fisch stayed for relatively short stints.
- We’re seeing more NFL assistants taking college jobs, it seems, and that could reflect concerns over a potential lockout. Seattle defensive line coach Dan Quinn is also headed for the college ranks, having accepted a job as defensive coordinator at Florida.
- Pete Carroll’s inaugural Seahawks staff is suffering some key losses. Alex Gibbs, Quinn and Fisch are either gone or leaving.
- Carroll’s background on defense makes losses on the offensive side potentially more damaging. It’s more important for a defensive-minded head coach to hire the right assistants on the offensive side.
- Fisch and Quinn will continue coaching with the Seahawks until the team is finished playing this season.
Speaking of Zorn, who now coaches with Baltimore, some have suggested to me that he would fit well as offensive coordinator in St. Louis if the Rams lost Pat Shurmur to the Browns? The team could keep the same basic offensive system, and Zorn could coach quarterback Sam Bradford, too. Not a bad thought.
NFC West Blog – ESPN.
Seahawks 12th Man Army has now gone mobile! Go to http://www.noticeorange.com/r/Seahawks12thManArmy to get an app for your phone.
It's free and it has alerts so that you'll know whenever Seahawks 12th Man Army has anything new. What could be better?
Tags: Alex Gibbs, browns, Defensive coordinator, Defensive Line Coach, ESPN, head coach, Jedd, Jeremy Bates, jim zorn, Matt Hasselbeck, offensive coordinator, Offensive Side, Offensive System, Pat Shurmur, Pete Carroll, Quarterbacks Coach, Rams, Stints, University Of Miami
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes.
In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..
REMEMBERING A LEGEND!
For most defenses, holding Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch to 45 rushing yards on 16 carries qualifies as ...
]Nobody saw Seattle 34, New Orleans 7 coming. That’s because the Saints are good, and because so many ...
For those few Seahawks fans who didn’t check online Monday night, flights to New York on the first ...
The NFL announced a four-game suspension for Seahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond on Tuesday, resulting from a violation of ...
Good morning, 12th Man.
Here's a look at what's "out there" for today - Wednesday, November 27 - about ...
In need of depth at cornerback after the suspension of Walter Thurmond, the Seahawks signed former 49er Perrish ...
Walter Thurmond, the Seahawks nickel cornerback, will serve a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, ...
One of the many sayings Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson lives by is “Have a 1-0 mentality.”
NFL Playoff Machine