ESPN’s John Clayton thinks Raheem Brock’s age — and not necessarily his recent arrest over a bar tap dispute — will keep the Seattle Seahawks from trying to re-sign the veteran defensive end when free agency begins.
“I think their minds are pretty much made up that they weren’t going to sign him,” Clayton said Monday on the Kevin Calabro Show. “Now if he would go out in free agency and get nothing I think they would take him back, but I don’t think he was on their big list as far as bringing him back because No.1 he’s older, and even though he was great in what he was able to do last year and surprised everybody being such a good sack guy, I think they wanted to get younger and go in a different direction.”
Brock, 33, spent last season with the Seahawks and set a career-high with nine sacks, second on the team to Chris Clemons’ 11. Brock added two more sacks in the playoffs.
He was arrested last week and charged with theft of services and resisting arrest after he was accused of walking out on a bar tab in his hometown of Philadelphia. Clayton doesn’t think that incident will incur a suspension from the league.
Fair Use Notice This website may at times present copyrighted material, the use of which might not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available in an effort to advance understandings of democratic, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. The author believes that this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U. S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the articles published on this website are distributed without profit for research and informational purposes. In most instances a link is placed to originator of Article and it is never expressly mentioned as written by, we use published by certain entities who write or publish for this said Blog..