Seahawks fall apart again, lose 23-13 to Cowboys

The Seahawks entered Sunday’s game as double-digit underdogs, and they managed to keep it close.

For a half.

But when the Cowboys started scoring in the second half, the Seahawks were busy stubbing their toe, shooting themselves in the foot or doing something similarly self-destructive in a 23-13 loss at Cowboys Stadium.

Seattle had a field-goal attempt blocked for the first time in four years. Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was intercepted on consecutive pass attempts. The first was a ball he was trying to throw away, and the second one could have been fair caught when Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman settled under a pass Jackson inexplicably lobbed down the sideline after hopping off his back foot.

The pair of interceptions led to 10 Cowboy points. Jackson was intercepted once more on the second-to-last player of the game, a pick that Doug Baldwin nearly wrenched away from Gerald Sensabaugh.

Seattle scored a fourth-quarter touchdown on Marshawn Lynch’s 4-yard run. He had 135 yards rushing, his most in any regular-season game for the Seahawks.

The Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray gained 139 yards, the first opponent to hit triple digits against the Seahawks this season.

The Cowboys took a 13-6 lead on Tony Romo’s 33-yard scoring pass to tight end Jason Witten, who was totally uncovered. It was the first second-half touchdown Seattle allowed since its Week 5 game in New York on Oct. 9.

The Cowboys scored again in the first minute of the fourth quarter on a 6-yard touchdown pass from Romo to receiver Laurent Robinson. That put Seattle down 20-6.

Dallas tacked on a field goal before the Seahawks finally scored in the second half, and any thoughts that Saturday night’s earthquake in Oklahoma would be followed by a similarly unlikely event in Texas evaporated in the second half of Sunday’s game at Jerry Jones’ billion-dollar toystore.

via Seahawks | Seahawks fall apart in the second half, lose 23-13 to Cowboys | Seattle Times Newspaper.